Any tips on how to use my smartphone to sell more?
I just got this question from a salesperson…
“Any tips on how I can use my smartphone to help me sell more?”
There’s a lot of organizational stuff most salespeople aren’t very good at. The good news; that iPhone® or that smartphone in your pocket can easily help you sell more and earn more.
Here are a few ideas on how you can use your iPhone® to help you sell more.
Voice commands with Siri®…
Call – Type – Remind – Search
• Press and hold the home button to ask Siri® to make a call or schedule reminders. Siri® can also create and send texts and emails for you without you ever touching the keyboard.
• Set a call back or other reminder. Press and hold the home button, Siri® asks what you want. Just say ‘remind me at 2pm Thursday to call Bob Smith’. When the reminder comes up, tell Siri® ‘call Bob Smith’ for you.
• Also add ‘notes’ in customer contacts so you can remember hot buttons, etc.
Apple Notes App…I use this a lot to keep a ‘to-do’ list and for quick notes.
• You can type, or even easier, just use the microphone (left side of space bar) to dictate what you want to say. You can dictate texts, emails, anything when the keyboard is showing.
• Tip: Enter my closing steps from the Landmark to the Delivery in your notes. Review during last leg of Demo.
Camera…The camera offers a ton of value for every salesperson to help you sell, keep you more organized, follow up, save time, etc. Use pics & videos…
• When you’re wrapping up the sale, use your phone in the silent walkaround. Just snap a pic of the dent, bald tire, star in the windshield, etc.
• Whether they buy or not, take a pic of you and them by the vehicle. Send the pic as follow up, and put a copy in their contact file in your phone book.
• Save time gathering info, VIN and stock # of the vehicle you’re selling. Take a pic of the sticker / stock #, etc.
• Make 20 second home videos on how to use nav, radio, cell phone, or other features people struggle with. Then send that to your customer as part of your after sale follow up. Reshoot until perfect.
• Scan business cards into contacts. I use ‘WorldCard’ app to save lots of time.
• Take pics of you and your family, soccer, skiing, fishing, birthday party, or anything else you like to do that would help build rapport. Tip: Keep in a top folder for quick access.
• Pics of your vouchers until paid.
Social Media…Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, etc. all have easy to use apps.
• Look up info on your customer before they come in – find things in common.
Caution: Check your privacy settings.
Calendar…Enter all of your reminders; birthdays, call backs, to do items, etc.
jvtn.com…Every new course on JVTN® is mobile friendly. That means you can review closing & handling price while you’re waiting for the price shopping be-back to show for their appointment.
Your smartphone is a powerful business tool. So learn all you can about how you can start using it to help you sell more cars, have more fun and make more money.