Get Ready For 2018
Customer Retention Is The Secret To Continuous Growth
The average 9 unit salesperson…
- earns under $40,000,
- works long hours, 23-26 days per month,
- talks on the phone to a few people each day, makes an appointment now & then – and now & then some show,
- doesn’t usually talk to any service customers each day,
- talks to an average of 4 walk-in customers on the lot,
- gives only 1 or 2 of them, just an ‘ok’ demo,
- writes up about 1 a day, and
- delivers 1 unit about every 3 days.
The average 30 unit salesperson…
- earns $100,000 – $150,000 plus every year,
- works 6-8 hours, 23-26 days per month,
- calls a ton of people on the phone every day, creates 3 or 4 appointments every day and most show,
- talks to many different service customers every day,
- talks to 2 or 3 of their own repeat or referral customers on the lot daily mostly from those appointments,
- gives almost all customers a great demo & presentation,
- writes up 75%-100% of the people they talk to, and
- delivers about 1 unit per day.
Growth each year is just math…
If you’ve been selling 10 units a month for 5 years, you have 600 customers, who’ll buy a vehicle every 3 or 4 years.
Closing ratios with repeat customers and referrals are 75% to 100%, your commissions are 40% higher, CSI is max, and there’s zero grief. That’s more than enough customers for you to deliver an easy 30 units per month or more, and earn $100,000-$150,000+ every year.
Can you imagine the fun you’d have every day, if you were making 80% of your sales to people you’d sold a car to in the past? Whatever you dislike about selling cars is because you sell to price-focused, ad-driven, walk-in customers.
Get serious in 2018 and build your business. Get to our “How To Sell A Car” and our “Phone / Business Development” workshops, and stop watching videos on JVTN® and start spending at least 30 days on each course so you can actually develop your skills and your processes.
Next year is almost here – start planning now!
Get Joe Verde’s sales book, Get Everything You Want In Sales, now and put your career on the right track – it’s free.