Go With The Flow
Almost everyone will ask a price question right away. Why? Maybe it’s just a habit, maybe they don’t know what else to ask, and maybe they’re just trying to ask, “What can I buy this for?”
The ‘why’ doesn’t matter – what matters is that if you allow the conversation to start off about price instead of value, your chances of delivering it drop like a rock.
Why is talking about price a problem? Simple, when you’re talking about price, trades, down, payments, rates, you’re talking about the transaction and discussing those options come last, not first.
When you talk price up front, you probably don’t even know who it’s for, how they’ll use it, or why they want it – so you can’t build value.
Buying Is Emotional,
Discussing Price Is Transactional
When price is the focus, sales flow this way and deliver at 10-20% with no gross…
* Greet with “How can I help you?”
* Focus on Price (Transaction)
* Select Vehicle Based On Price
* Shortcuts (No demo / low value)
* Close On The Price / Payment
* Tough Sale – deliver 10-20%
Sales that flow this way lead to a delivery over 50% of the time with good gross…
* Greet Them Properly
* Build Rapport & Investigate
* Select Best Vehicle For Them
* Demonstrate & Present (Value)
* Close On The Vehicle & Value
* Start The Paperwork (Transaction)
* Easy Sale – Deliver Half w/Gross
It takes 2 hours, either way. Do it right and you’ll sell more. Don’t & you won’t.