Your Daily Dozen Checklist
You’ve set your goals, now follow these rules of selling and success and watch your sales and income skyrocket!
Download my ‘Go To Work To Work’ audio at JoeVerde.com/GTWTW or check out audios inside JVTN® – and then you can get to work…
1. Leave any problems at the curb. Stuff happens, to everyone, but you have to leave it at the curb or you won’t be effective and then everything gets worse.
2. Do your “Good Morning” walk through the dealership. Get to work 15 or 20 minutes before your shift and say “hello” to everyone in every department.
3. Walk the lot immediately. Your inventory changes every day (or at least it moves around a lot) and you have to know what you have and where it’s parked.
4. Check your appointments for the day and any other “To Do’s” or priorities you need to get done today.
5. Review all of your goals. The quickest way to get what you want is to maintain your focus and work your plan, so make reviewing your goals a priority.
6. Next, go through your prospect file and just start calling the next person on the list.
7. Call every working prospect. Keep their phone numbers in your ‘Weekly Pocket Guide’ so you can call anytime.
8. Call your sold customers every 90 days. Do the math to find out how many you need to call each day.
9. Call or meet at least 5 new prospects – orphan owners, service customers, lists, etc. Keep your pipeline full and you’ll always have appointments and sales.
10. Track everything you do each day: number of incoming calls/leads, number of contacts from those, number of appointments, number who show, number of walk ins, etc. (check your monthly planner).
11. Make sure you’re doing something every minute of your selling day that has to do with selling a car NOW or at some point in the future.
12. Stay away from anyone at work who is negative, before it rubs off on you! Just ‘go to work to work’. That means either be with a customer, delivering a vehicle, checking on something for a customer or on the phone prospecting.
13. One more thing…Write this question on a card, carry it in your pocket and read it often…
“Am I doing the most productive thing possible right now?”
Success is a constantly forward moving target, and that’s why having daily, monthly, yearly and lifetime goals is critical for your long-term growth.
either have what it takes to succeed in sales, or you don’t.”
The belief that you’re either born with a natural talent for sales or you won’t make it, couldn’t be farther from the truth. Everyone can sell more, by learning more.
Just like Todd on page one and myself, 80% of the salespeople I’ve met who sell 30-50+ units a month and earn $100,000 to $500,000 every year are just regular people who took charge of their careers.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re young or old, or new or have been selling cars for 30 years. How many (or how few) units you sell your first 60 or 90 days, or first 30 years has almost no impact on how successful you’ll become tomorrow.
Learn more every day about selling and goal setting either in our sales class, online, or get my books: “Goal Setting For Salespeople” and “How to Make $100K Selling Cars” and “How To Sell Cars” at JoeVerde.com/Store.
Everything you do right now to improve in sales will continue to pay dividends the rest of your life.
Don’t just learn more when you need to make a little extra money – learn something every day, so you’ll make a lot more money, whether you need it or not.
It’s a choice…
Selling cars will either be the toughest, lowest paying job you’ll have, or by learning more and setting goals, selling cars will be the easiest, highest paying, most rewarding job you could wish for.